- As a medical specialist for dermatology and sexually transmitted disease I offer a fully comprehensive range of services for general dermatology. Skin cancer prevention Diagnostics and treatment of various skin tumours Inflammatory skin diseases (psoriasis, eczema…) Skin infections (fever blisters, herpes zoster, red murrain, foot infections, mycoses, borreliosis…) Acne Allergic diseases Neurodermatitis Hives Hair and Nail problems Natural aesthetic medicine without botox
- Homoeopathy is a holistic cure, that works according to clear principles and is adapted individually to you. Many patients with chronic skin disease profit from this complementary medicine. For more information please check out the website of the Austrian Association for Homoeopathy, www.homeopathie.at, or the Patients’ Association for Homoeopathy, www.komplemed.at. How does homoeopathic treatment work in my practice? Patience ie required! On your first visit, we’ll need about 1,5 hours to do a holistic investigation of your medical condition. Then I will determine the homoeopathic medicine that suits you. Usually there will be check-ups every 6-8 weeks each taking about half an hour. In urgent cases you may text me any time in between the appointments or come and see me at the practice at short notice.
- Your veins will be examined by analysing them with a colour-coded ultrasound; their function is then checked and the cause of your pain is diagnosed.
Then we’ll have a detailed conversation to inform you about your condition and to discuss the possibilities to improve your discomfort.
The following methods of treatment are available:
Sclerotherapy of spider veins and their side branches with Aethoxysklerol Ultrasound-guided sclerotherapy with foam for big branches and root veins Endovenous laser therapy for root veins in intumescence – a method that is carried out with local intumescence and doesn’t require a general anaesthesia. It has replaced the conventional surgical restoration (Stripping Operation) in many cases. Mini phlebectomy of smaller varicose veins in local anaesthesia Diagnostic and treatment of deep vein thrombosis and phlebitis Treatment of chronic wounds (e.g. ulcus cruris)
- It is important for me to know my patients well enough to be able to put them on the therapeutic path best suited to them and their life situation. Usually there are several therapeutic approaches to your health problem but not every one of them is suitable for you. That is why I develop an individual plan with and for you which aims at prevention and the avoidance of relapses. Therefore, I ask myself with every patient: “What kind of person is sitting there opposite me?” Therapy means relating to a person and also engaging them emotionally: it`s not just a medical examination. Therapy means putting a person on a path that will lead them out of their health crisis.
- Because of my need to treat not just symptoms but to also the cause of illness, which can be various, and which involves fully understanding the person, I started to be interested in holistic cures at an early stage during my studies of medicine and began training as a homoeopath. The homoeopathy lectures of Dr. Peter König at the University of Vienna, the participation at a study group and my friendship with Dr. Walter Glück and Dr. Reinhard Flick were a big influence for me during that time. After my graduation with the Austrian Association of Homoeopathy in 2001 I regularly participated in further education classes in Austria and abroad. I would particularly like to mention the courses with Dr. Wolfgang Springer in Munich and Vienna, Roger Morrisson and Nancy Herrick at the New York School of Homeopathy and the advanced training with Sachrinda and Bawisha Joshi from Bombay who significantly expanded my homoeopathic approach and horizon. Since 2001 I have been continually working as a classic homoeopath in my practice in Vienna and use it with success against chronically recurrent skin diseases. Since 2014 guest lecturer at the Danube University Krems as part of the study for Naturopathic Medicine.
- 2016 Since November dermatological consultant at the regional hospital of Lienz and opening of a private practice in Lienz. 2010 Senior consultant in all working areas of the dermatological department of the Wilhelminenspital: infirmary, general dermatological clinic, angiological clinic, operation room, allergy clinic as head of department and training of interns, students and doctors in training for general practitioner. 2008 Senior physician of the operative dermatology of the Wilhelminenspital including root vein treatment with Endovenous Laser Systems (ELVES) as well as mini surgery of side branch varices. Jointly responsible physician of the Overlap Clinic together with Dr. Maya Thun. 2006-2008 Seniorphysician of the dermatological department of the Wilhelminenspital. Senior physician of the phlebologic clinic of the Wilhelminenspital and establishment of the duplex-guided foam sclerotherapy as an additional ambulant method to vein surgery. 2007 Certification for Foam sclerotherapy. 2005-2006 Graduation in the complementary subject of angiology with the emphasis on vein diseases. At the same time, joint responsibility for work with the work group for wound treatment and finally for the interdisciplinary work group for wound therapy of the Wilhelminenspital and at the diabetic foot clinic. Certification as duplex sonographer within the framework of the OdiXa study with Prof. Schellong. 2000-2005 Medical specialist training at the dermatological department of the Wilhelminenspital Vienna with Prof. Partsch, Steiner and Prof. Jurecka.